Thursday, June 24, 2010

Whoa, Girl!

What an adventure today! I got up earlier than usual, because my mom's friend is letting me ride her horses. For the most part, it went great. Aside from one of the mares being a brat, and me getting used to the saddle again, it went really well! The horses I was riding were really special. They were fjord horses. I know I am going to really feel it in tomorrow morning :), but I don't mind at all. We were trotting, and walking and doing different patterns. Just a lot of good, basic flatwork. And then the Sparks came. I got very dizzy, and little Sparks of white light began to fill my vision. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to stay upright for much longer, I slid off of the horse and began leading it towards the tie-up posts. Sparks still crowded my vision, getting worse by the second. My kegs buckled. The last thing I remember is crashing to the ground. I had fainted. The next thing you know, I was laying in the grass in the shade, a wet towel on top of me and water being poured in my mouth. My mom thinks that I had gotten fairly advanced heat-exaustion. So now I am back at home, tired, with a headache, and hardly able to wait for the next ride. Yup, horsecrazy chicka right here. The only thing on my mind: Horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment