Thursday, June 10, 2010

Much Confused

I am just a bit confused and dead-in-the-brain today. I'm not sure why. Maybe it is the fact that I have to meet my soon-to-be step-grandparents on Saturday. Joyous. Becca is looking forward to inheriting two new dogs with the marriage. She wants to dress them up. I seriously don't know what to think about my mom getting remarried. Ray, her fiance, is pretty cool. But I can't help but feel that this is a second loss of my freedom. Tooele seems so far away, even though it isn't. Is this unusal, to feel this way? It is so funny, because if I asked this in my physical journal, nobody would answer. But here, I look for an answer. I think I have overloaded my mind with stories this week. Trying to make it all fade, as the worlds in my books become more real. My mom hates it when I do this, because If I do it long enough, I lose touch with reality. Which is my goal. But of course, being a human in the modern world, this is unacceptable. The library has become my safe haven. It is a place for me to be by myself and learn about whatever I wish. And when I can't get away, I hide up in the big maple tree in my back yard. It feels like a sturdy friend. It's limbs embrace me in a protective hug. And maybe I can lose myself in it, become part of the tree. Forget about life and just reach for the sky. I wonder if that would be considered a form of suicide?

2 comments:

  1. If I were in your position in life, I would definitely be feeling the same way. I hope things works out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... Like that one girl that became the Menoa Tree. Huh. Well, if you keep being positive then everything will become brighter. And it will be easier to make new friends in Toelle. But never forget your friends here, because we'll always be here for you.

    ReplyDelete